A recent job market report has released findings showing the accounting field (along with finance) is firing on all cylinders with increases recorded across the board in job positions created. High candidate confidence was also reported.
Top Professionals in Demand
When it comes to commerce:
1. Financial Accountants
Those specialising in compliance who are seeking to relocate into commerce from a chartered environment are in demand for mid-level positions.
Meanwhile, as natural turnover increases, Senior Financial Accountants should find opportunities arising as the Big 4 look to replace outgoing staff. These kinds of positions require accomplished, polished and high calibre professionals with commerce experience and experience working with second tier or Big 4 companies.
2. Management Accountants
Cost focused Management Accountants will increase in demand as business cost pressures rise. More and more businesses are putting all their energies into growth and those accountants who know their way around automating processes and improving transparency will find themselves in an enviable position.
Round candidates who possess financial and management accounting experience will also find their job opportunities open-up as more jobs become fused into one.
3. Commercial Analysts
Commercial Analysts are in demand because businesses are moving towards increasing efficiency and improving processes while decreasing costs.
- The report found many more permanent jobs had been created compared to short term/temporary positions.
- More opportunity to grow temporary work into a permanent job. Though it should be noted that this is mostly confined to those companies who are benefitting from new financial year budgets, or have endured increased workloads above the norm.
- Well-rounded experience and broad skills is also hot, hot, hot, with an upsurge in positions requiring more than just one type of skill-set.
- Part time positions have also risen and according to the findings, employers are now more willing to allow temporary and permanent staff flexible hours to deal with increased work-loads.
- When it comes to maternity contracts, it was found employers agreed the most important considerations when choosing candidates was that they must possess systems experience and fit into the workplace culture.